Suite 1 is our lake front suite which is made with local hard wood and has a beautiful thatched Balinese roof. This suite features a king size bed with down duvet, and luxurious linens. There is a second story living room loft which has a couch and a coffee table. Each suite is stocked with boardgames, flash lights, potable drinking water, fresh fruit and nuts, bathrobes, iphone 5 charger/alarm clock, security box and local cellphone. The suites have lovely private outdoor garden bathrooms with both a huge bathtub and rain shower.
- To confirm a reservation, 50% of the booking must be deposited via PayPal to email@example.com. This deposit is completely non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The balance of your room as well as any incidentals is due at check out in local currency or US dollars. We do not accept checks or credit cards. PayPal balance payments will incur a 7% surcharge.
- We do not accept children under 12 years of age.
- All rooms are intended for 1 or 2 adults maximum. With prior approval, a third adult can be accommodated in the suites for a $25 surcharge.
- Check in: 2pm / Check out: 11am
- We reserve the right to refuse service.
Please consider the following before booking:
- We are only accessible by boat and reside at an elevation of 1 mile. Our stairs are not OSHA standard and there are many of them. Our terraces do not have guard rails. If you have any sort of limited mobility, we are happy to recommend alternative lodging more suitable for your needs.
- La Fortuna is located on the lake shore and in the jungle. That means insects. Not scary insects. Just bugs. Our bungalows are designed to be open-air and thus, if you are seeking a bug-free venue, this might not be the right fit for you.
- We are not equipped for self catering. There is no kitchen facility available for guest use. We kindly ask that guests do not arrive with coolers and groceries. We provide absolutely fantastic meals and can recommend some restaurants nearby. We'll even call and make a reservation for you!
- We are isolated from the noise and nightlife of other cities because our guests like it that way. Please be respectful of the other guests while you are here. This is a place of relaxation.
- La Fortuna does not accept children under 12 years of age at the time of check in.
- At la Fortuna, the owners live on the property and have 3 well behaved / vaccinated / groomed hotel dogs. They love guests and come with the view. Individuals with pet allergies or phobias of dogs need to know that we are unable to make alternate dog-free accommodations.
- Each room has a private outdoor garden bathroom. If it rains, you will get wet. All our showers provide hot water - if this still sounds unpleasant this may not be the right place for you.
Platinum 2015At La Fortuna at Atitlan we strive to be friendly to the environment. Our power is 100% off-grid solar generated, except for a few hours a day when we switch to a generator to use larger appliances. We have an anaerobic biodigester on the property. Biodigesters essentially digest waste in a series of biological processes in which microorganisms break down biodegradable material in the absence of oxygen. They clean our waste and ensure we are not leaching sewage into the lake. All of our building materials are sustainably and locally sourced including the bamboo which is grown on our property. We also have implemented several bottle walls including our wine cellar - which are beautiful and a great way to re-use materials which could otherwise end up in landfills. Many of our vegetables and fruit come from our property. We grow avocado, mango, papaya, bananas, squash, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, asparagus, and many more depending on the season - including 1,000 pounds of organic shade grown coffee annually. We also have an extensive herb garden. As we are only accessible by boat we go to great lengths to reduce the amount of waste we produce as it has to leave by boat as well! We have a huge composting system, which takes care of all our organic waste.
- Each bungalow has it's own local cellphone for guests to use during their stay.
- We are happy to help you plan your transportation. The public boats run from Panajachel by our property from 7:00am to 7:30pm daily and depart every 15 - 20 minutes. The fare from Panajachel is 10q a person. Shuttles depart from Antigua to Panajachel and from Panajachel to Antigua four times a day and cost $12 US. Just ask us about reserving you a spot.
- At the request of guests, all meals can be served directly to your bungalow.
- Housekeeping service is included and daily.
- La Fortuna has four single kayaks for guests use - just call us and ask us to put them in the water for you. We suggest enjoying the kayaks before noon as the waves pick up in the afternoon.
- The property features a beautiful wood fired hot tub on the lake front which is heated each night for all guests at no additional cost.
- Use of our stunning waterfront lodge
- Suites 1 and 2, and petite bungalow 4 have free wifi in the bungalow as well as in the main reception and by the lakefront table.
- Feel free to kick back and relax on our floating dock.
Near La Fortuna you will find excellent hiking, kayaking and high altitude diving as well as traditional Mayan villages to explore. Many of our guests also pass their days sunbathing, birdwatching, swimming and just soaking up the tranquility of La Fortuna. Check out Trip Advisor's Top Things to Do at Lake Atitlan